Saturday, September 13, 2008

I just got to thinking today about the word success and how so many people have different definitions. One dictionary definition I like is simply the attainment of what is desired or intended. So for some people it might be considered a successful day if they just get out of bed. Maybe that's all they really desired that day. I like to think I have many successes every single day. Every time I reach a goal I am successful, however minor that goal may be.



Too many people set the bar too high. They think they are only successful if they have a million dollars in their bank account. Too many people define success in terms of money when that's really not it at all. So if you are not feeling very succcessful I guess my suggestion would be to re-define that word for yourself and think of all the many "little" successes you have each day. In fact I'm not sure if I even believe in failure anymore. One of my favorite quotes is from Thomas Edison:



"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

So anytime anyone asks me if I'm successful I reply with a resounding, "YES!"



---------------------------------------------------------------

Great opportunities and resources.

---------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: