Saturday, October 4, 2008

A journey of a thousand miles...

You've all proably heard this popular quote...
"A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step."
I just found out interestingly enough, it's actually a slight mistranslation.
This quotation comes from Chinese philosopher, Lao-Tzu, and would actually be:
"Even the longest journey must begin from where you stand."

Reason I bring this up is because sometimes I get overwhelmed with all I have to do
and then I end up not doing anything. This quote reminds me just to start where I'm at.
For instance, I have several boxes of books and dvds I need to go through and list in my estore, Rascal's Books and Stuff so instead of just ignoring them I'm just going to start with one and be happy even if I only get a few new listings up. It's better than none.

No comments: